ALPINA announced the UK launch of their
Roadster S and
Roadster S Lux. The cars offer high levels of performance and handling and
increased levels of interior comfort and exterior styling.
Both models utilise the renowned ALPINA 3.4 litre six, each hand-built in Buchloe, Germany, and fitted on the production line during the carsí manufacture.
Strong performance comes courtesy of the 300 bhp available at 6,300 rpm and the ROADSTER Sí low kerb weight of 2910 lbs. Together they yield a 0-60 mph sprint time of just 5.1 seconds. Top speed is 169 mph (172mph with the optional hardtop).
The ZF S6-37 six-speed manual gearbox, developed to ALPINA specifications, augments the sporty nature of the car and enhances driver involvement.
266 lb-ft of torque is generated at 4800 rpm, yet the real key to the ROADSTER Sí breathtaking elasticity is the availability of 90% of maximum torque from 3000 rpm to 6500 rpm.
The BMW ALPINA ROADSTER S provides a high level of equipment as standard, with the BMW ALPINA ROADSTER S Lux package offering a host of additional features at a moderate price. The Lux package includes:
- Multi-function steering wheel
- ALPINA Wind Deflector
- ISOFix child seat mounts
- Headlamp Washer System
- Park Distance Control
- Xenon Headlights
- Cruise Control
- Satellite Navigation System
- Bluetooth Mobile Phone Preparation
- 6-CD Changer
- ALPINA Extended Leather Interior (Dash, Centre Console, Door Handles and Door Trims)
- 19" ALPINA DYNAMIC Wheels with MICHELIN Pilot Sport tyres (Front: 8.5" x 19", 235/35ZR19; Rear: 9.5" x 19", 265/30ZR19)
Fuel consumption is commensurate with the performance level of the ROADSTER S; with Urban 18.6 mpg, Extra-Urban 40.9 mpg, combined 28.5 mpg.
- Basic: £38,000 (approx. $70,000)
- On the road charges: £900 (approx. $1,700)
- Lux Pack: £3,950 (approx. $7,300)