2009 Jaguar XKR-S
2009 Jaguar XKR-S Specifications
|Engine Type||32V Supercharged V8|
|Horsepower||420 bhp @ 6250 rpm|
|Torque||413 lb-ft. @ 4000 rpm|
|Bore X Stroke||86 x 90.3|
|Curb Weight||2,080 kg|
|Ground Clearance||110 mm|
|Tires (F)||Pirelli PZERO 255/35 ZR20|
|Tires (R)||Pirelli PZERO 295/30 ZR20|
|Wheels (F)||9.0J x 20|
|Wheels (R)||10.5J x 20|
|0-60 mph||4.9 seconds|
|Top Speed||174 mph|
|Fuel Consumption||EU Combined 12.3 L/ 100 km|
Base Price: 2009 Jaguar XKR-S - £79,995
Jaguar XKR-S - A Return to True Sporting Grand Tourers for Jaguar?
The most recent iteration of the Jaguar XK coupe and convertible heralds a remarkable shift by iconic British luxury car maker Jaguar to the return of producing luxury sports cars with real performance potential. The Jaguar XKR, available in both soft and hard top models, features a new design that looks at home with the Aston Martins and Bentley grand tourers of the world, and better still the XKR can nearly match the best coupes from those storied performance automakers in performance potential.
Jaguar has decided, for the 2009 model year, to take the XKR model line even further, with the introduction of the 2009 Jaguar XKR-S. While it shares powertrain components with the standard XKR grand touring Jaguar model, the XKR-S adds a completely redesigned suspension with a sport-tuned Computer Active Technology Suspension (appropriately titled CATS) that handles the finer points of keeping the 2009 XKR-S on the road at the hands of a driver who may get in over his or her head. Larger anti-roll bar and stiffer spring rates round out the suspension package.
The XKR-S is a special sort of car, capable enough to be driven hard though retaining a luxurious ride. The aluminum-bodied Jaguar sports grand touring car is so much lighter than Jaguar models of old, and promises not to plow under hard cornering to the degree of XK models of old. Curiously absenent on the XKR-S is the inclusion of a limited slip differential, an important drivetrain component which is becoming standard on grand touring and sports car models at the Jaguar XKR-S price point. Don't expect to be autocrossing this cat without some significant drivetrain modifications.
Styling? The XKR-S has an exciting and intimidating aero kit with contrasting colors bordering the grill and on front and rear aero elements. The overall package is rather breathtaking, especially coming from an ailing Jaguar marque which, until the introduction of the XF line, seemed to have not changed their styling in 20 years. And not in the good Porsche way. Are the XKR and XF models and the real performance specs Jaguar is bringing to the table good signs for the future--or survival--of the marque? We hope so.
JAGUAR XKR-S - THE ULTIMATE XK UNVEILED AT THE GENEVA SHOW
Official Jaguar News Release
The Jaguar XKR-S: a lightweight sports coupe that takes the Jaguar sports car experience to a new level. As the fastest production XK to date, it delivers a combination of high speed performance, dynamic excellence and crafted luxury that is unique to Jaguar.
* The new XKR-S coupe is the fastest production XK to date, providing the Jaguar enthusiast with an even more driver-focused high speed performance experience
* Limited to 200 cars - available only in Europe, in both right-hand and left-hand drive
* The XKR-S is capable of 0-60mph (0-100kph) in 4.9 (5.2) seconds and has a maximum speed, electronically limited, of 174mph (280kph) - making it the fastest Jaguar since the XJ220 supercar
* Revised suspension with bespoke springs, dampers, anti-roll bar and recalibrated Computer Active Technology Suspension (CATS) further improve the XKR's outstanding ride and handling balance
* Exterior styling features revised front air-splitter and side sill-extensions, revised rear spoiler and rear bumper with unique diffuser panel and unique 20" lightweight Vortex alloy wheels
* Ultimate Black metallic paint colour with contrasting finish to the grille, sills, side power vents and rear diffuser
* Alcon R Performance braking system with red monobloc six-piston callipers and 400mm brake discs at the front, 350mm at the rear
* Six-speed automatic transmission with Jaguar Sequential ShiftTM for ultra-quick manual gear shifts in milliseconds, using steering-wheel-mounted paddles
* Active Exhaust System ensures refinement at cruising speed but purposeful V8 roar under hard acceleration
* Strong, lightweight and exceptionally rigid all-aluminium body construction delivers excellent dynamic agility
* The luxury sports interior features full soft-grain leather with twin-needle contrast stitching, adjustable seat bolsters, Piano Black veneer, Charcoal Alston luxury headliner plus the XKR's comprehensive standard specification
* Bowers & Wilkins surround sound system, with 525W Premium audio, featuring low distortion Kevlar mid-range speakers and aluminium dome speakers, designed and tuned specifically for XK
* In summary, the ultimate Jaguar XK and a perfect illustration of Jaguar's philosophy of building beautiful, fast cars.